A quaint home on one of the nicest beach-front properties Denman Island has to offer, this project entailed the construction of a hybrid timber frame addition onto an existing conventional structure. Designed by Etienne DeVilliers, vaulted ceilings with large timber trusses and exquisite wood detailing presents a showcase of true craftsmanship.
The hand-crafted timber stair that leads up to the second floor from the entry is a show-piece in this home. Hand cut, clear, edge grain Douglas fir material creates a clean, warm look. A custom-fabricated steel pedestal supports the landing mid way up the stairs.
The entry door was built in Island Timber Frame’s mill-work shop. The doors are built in oversized dimensions from solid edge grain, old growth Douglas Fir and a 2 1/4″ thick slab. All of our entry doors feature a three-point European locking system and heavy ball bearing hinges for added stability and security.
- Hand cut, free of heart, Douglas fir timbers
- Traditional mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-cut and test fitted in our shop prior to shipping
- Hassle-free assembly on-site
- Custom, Solid Douglas fir entry door
- Custom, kiln dried, clear, edge grain trim package
- Shipped anywhere in Canada, USA, or International Destinations